You’ve probably seen this style around, right?
I wasn’t really sure how I felt about it at first, but after seeing it around more and gaining popularity, I knew I wanted to try it out myself.
I didn’t want to pay premium price for ripped jeans, so I took an extra pair I already had. They were pretty old and faded so I thought that would be extra perfect for this grungy look.
1. First I tried my jeans on and marked where I wanted to cut them.
2. You’ll want to put a little piece of cardboard in the jeans so you don’t cut through the other side.
3. Start off small and keep trying them on to see your progress. I can’t tell you how many pairs of jeans I’ve ruined trying to turn them into shorts and making jean diapers instead.
I tried them on twice and kept taking a little bit more off. I was tired of taking them on and off so I started cutting them on me which I DON’T recommend for OBVIOUS reasons….but I’m not very patient and it got the job done 🙂
You can’t forget the last step because it’s the finisher. You have to wash and dry your jeans to get the cool finished, frayed look.
I gotta say I LOVE them! Here are a couple ways that I will wear them:
1. jeans + striped button down shirt
mixing classy and grunge
2. jeans + chambray button down + blazer
mixing preppy and grunge
3. jeans + striped button down + blazer
polished and grunge
4. jeans + white button down shirt + statement necklace
classy and grunge
5. jeans + black shirt + layered necklaces
simple yet chic
6. jeans + black shirt + fur vest
mixing grunge with all out glam
What do you think? Are you a fan? Would you wear ripped skinny jeans?