No matter what the current trendy bottoms are, denim will never go out of style and designers are always reinventing new ways to wear them. This spring, a denim skirt is such a cute piece to wear! It’s extremely versatile and oh so cute for this season.
I have two denim skirts that I reinvented from thrift store finds that I’m just obsessed over. I’ll be wearing both of these in this post to give you some ideas on how to wear a denim skirt this season! Don’t have one? In this video, I show you how to take that traditional long denim skirt and turn it into something trendy.
Here are my top favorite 8 ways to wear a denim skirt!
1. light washed denim skirt + relaxed white tee + black booties + sunglasses + watch
This outfit has a cool factor that can’t be ignored. Slightly vintage, slightly retro. But full-on not trying too hard.
2. dark washed denim skirt + off-the-shoulder top (tucked in)
This outfit can be fancy with the heels, or you can make it casual just by throwing on sneakers or flats instead. Tucking in the shirt helps to give you a waist and adds definition.
3. light washed denim skirt + gray tank + camel cardigan + sneakers
Easy & casual is what comes to my mind with this outfit. The gray and brown combo is still neutral, but different than the classic black and white.
4. light washed denim skirt + black v neck cami + cream cardigan + gold necklace + flats
This look is a great transitional outfit from day to night. During the warm spring/summer days you can forgo the cardigan, then if the night gets cooler you can throw it back on without sacrificing style. A simple gold necklace adds the right touch.
5. dark washed denim skirt + lightweight sweater + sneakers
This is a super easy outfit that you can just throw together. Lightweight sweaters are the perfect thing for the spring season!
6. dark washed denim skirt + oversized button down + brown belt + silk scarf
Most of these outfits have been pretty casual, and now here are a couple of ways to dress up that denim skirt by going the chic route. I’m a fan of the oversized button down because it keeps it from looking too “stuffy”, and the outfit feels balanced in all the right ways.
7. light washed denim skirt + oversized button down + silk scarf as belt
Here I’m using pretty much the same things in the outfit above, just in different ways. It’s pretty amazing what you can make out of different pieces!
8. dark washed denim skirt + graphic tee + diamond choker + black hat + black purse + heels
This outfit is definitely not your “everyday-going-to-grab-groceries look,” but it’s a great fancier look for your more polished get-togethers or activities!