Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
No matter what the current trendy bottoms are for the season, denim will never go out of style. This spring and really, all springs, a denim skirt is a wardrobe must-have. Not only is it such a cute piece to wear, but it’s extremely versatile and will give you so many outfit ideas for this spring and summer!
8 cute ways to wear a denim skirt
1. light washed denim skirt + relaxed white tee + black booties + sunglasses + watch
This outfit has a cool factor that can’t be ignored. Slightly vintage, slightly retro. But full-on not trying too hard. Cuff the sleeves on your oversized and relaxed tee to look even cooler.
2. dark washed denim skirt + off-the-shoulder top (tucked in)
This outfit can be fancy with the heels, or you can make it casual just by throwing on sneakers or flats instead. Tucking in the shirt helps to give you a waist and adds definition.
3. light washed denim skirt + gray tank + camel cardigan + sneakers
Easy & casual is what comes to my mind with this outfit. The gray and brown combo is still neutral, but different than the classic black and white.
4. light washed denim skirt + black v neck cami + cream cardigan + gold necklace + flats
This look is a great transitional outfit from day to night. During the warm spring/summer days you can forgo the cardigan, then if the night gets cooler you can throw it back on without sacrificing style. A simple gold necklace adds the right touch.
5. dark washed denim skirt + lightweight sweater + sneakers
This is a super easy outfit that you can just throw together last minute. Lightweight sweaters are the perfect thing for the spring season!
6. dark washed denim skirt + oversized button down + brown belt + silk scarf
Most of these outfits have been pretty casual, and now here are a couple of ways to dress up that denim skirt by going the extra chic route. I’m a fan of the oversized button down because it keeps it from looking too “stuffy”, and the outfit feels balanced in all the right ways.
7. light washed denim skirt + oversized button down + silk scarf as belt
Here I’m using pretty much the same things in the outfit above, just in different ways. It’s pretty amazing what you can make out of different pieces!
8. dark washed denim skirt + graphic tee + diamond choker + black hat + black purse + heels
This outfit is definitely not your “everyday-going-to-grab-groceries look,” but it’s a great fancier look for your more polished get-togethers or activities!
Do you have more ideas on how to wear a denim skirt?
Keep reading and check out the posts below for more spring and summer outfit inspiration!
7 Easy to Copy Classic Summer Outfits
1 Skirt, 3 Ways | Skirt Outfits for Summer
How to Create a French Capsule Wardrobe for Spring & Summer