2021 Update- Check out my recommendations on fall fashion now!
Classic Fall Capsule Wardrobe (Shopping List, Outfit Ideas, & More!)
This time of year it’s all leggings, socks, and cozy outfits. Who could argue with that? Socks in general are a practical piece, but thigh-high socks are practical and fashionable in the fall. From chic to pretty, here are 8 thigh high socks outfit ideas you can rock this season!
Thigh High Socks Outfit Ideas
1. black dress + black cardigan + black hat + black shoes + black socks
All black is not only slimming but very chic! A cool way to wear socks like these is to pair them with a shorter dress or bottoms. Depending on your style and comfort, you have to be a little careful when wearing thigh high socks as not to get your bottoms too short, however!
2. shorts + black shirt + long cardigan + burgundy scarf + burgundy socks + boots
If you’re looking for something a little out of the box, this is the look for you. You can use your socks as an opportunity to add a punch of fall color! You can match the color with your scarf too if you wish.
3. preppy dress + black socks + heels
Thigh-high socks can be preppy, sweet, rocker, or chic (hey, I rhymed…ish). Pair your socks with a girly dress and heels for your own version of Gossip Girl fashion.
4. gray skater skirt + black shirt + scarf + socks + booties
A skater skirt makes a fun pairing with thigh high socks. Especially when they peek out of your boots a bit.
5. black skater skirt + black shirt + burgundy socks + burgundy scarf + boots
Just switch out your gray skirt above for black and you have another outfit! A skirt in leather adds great contrast and a cool texture to your outfit.
6. burgundy sweater + black skater skirt + burgundy socks + boots + necklace
Here you can see how socks can be preppy chic again. Putting on a sweater and a chunky pearl necklace really elevates the look!
7. black skater skirt + maroon sweater + burgundy socks + burgundy sweater + jean jacket
Layers, layers, layers. Jean jackets never go out of style and neither does layering. Two surefire guarantees for a great outfit!
8. oversized sweater + beige socks
Thigh-high socks and oversized sweaters go together like fall and apple cider. Add boots to leave the house or go shoeless and curl up at home!
Want more fall outfit ideas? Check out the posts below!
Minimalist French Capsule Wardrobe for Fall/Winter
Never Run Out of Fall Outfit Ideas