Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
With a new season comes a new set of fashion trends. In recent years, wearing all white in winter (also called winter whites) has grown in popularity. There used to be rules about when you could and couldn’t wear white, but those rules don’t apply anymore! If anything, it’s a real shame not to wear white in winter because it can look so classy. But still, there are some tips to successfully pull it off. Here’s how to wear all white in winter with examples!
Here are 3 easy ways to master this look:
1. Mix different shades of whites, neutrals, and creams from head to toe. Don’t think you need a pop of color. We want your outfit to look sleek and flow! For shoes and accessories, pick from nude, white, brown, or gold.
2. Consider adding a layer. This is a great time to add a beautiful coat in a beautiful white or cream color. It will take your look from cool to elevated!
3. Wear different textures. When going monochromatic, you always want to try to add some interest to your look and you can do that by introducing different textures to your outfit.
Here are some examples below:
1. Mix different shades of whites, neutrals, and creams
This is a simple yet easy-to-copy example. This outfit consists of white pants, an off-white sweater, nude/brown heels, and a nude bag. Don’t worry if your colors don’t match perfectly. In fact, some variation in shades adds interest and depth!
2. Add a layer (or two)
Layering can take a boring outfit to one with style and interest! Also, your body will probably thank you for all those extra layers! It’s really easy to layer in the winter because you were probably going to wear a hat, gloves, coat, and scarf anyway. Just switch them out for ones in a beautiful neutral tone.
3. Wear different textures
Just like layering, wearing different textures makes an outfit more interesting. Part of the goal of wearing all white is to have an effortless, chic look without going overboard on accessories. Yet, your outfit doesn’t look boring since you’ve mixed in different textures. Different textures you could incorporate are cable knit, faux fur, cashmere, and leather.
Though if you want to achieve a different style, your all-white outfit could be a canvas for that more attention-grabbing coat or poncho!
If you saw in all the examples, each outfit was accessorized with a nude/neutral shoe and gold accented jewelry. Nude is always a good color for shoes and keep your jewelry in the white/neutral/gold color range. Such as diamond studs. Those will look very classy with any outfit!
You know 3 ways to master the look so it’s only fitting to give you 3 things to avoid as well!
3 things to avoid:
1. Wear white tights…stick with white jeans.
2. Wear something ill-fitting. White shows everything!
3. Over accessorize…keep it clean and simple.
Now that you know how to wear all white in winter, you’ll be on your way to rocking your own version in no time.