Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
Stainless steel not your thing? Not a problem. Whether you have a retro kitchen or an affinity for vintage style, adding a vintage kitchen appliance to your space is the perfect way to get that retro feel without sacrificing modern conveniences! Because after all, what would we do without our coffee maker or espresso machine? In this post, you’ll find some of the best small appliances in that irresistible classic retro style, as well as how you can incorporate them into your home. Nostalgia and charm, here we come.
Why Choose Vintage Style Kitchen Appliances?
The appeal of retro appliances is their unique design that instantly takes you back to a simpler time. Not only are they visually appealing, but vintage style appliances also offer a timeless quality that never goes out of style. Plus, choosing these appliances for your kitchen is a great way to give it character and a distinct personality.
And if your kitchen design leans more vintage and antique, then modern appliances may look out of place and muddle your design. Being eclectic can be a good thing, but your retro refrigerator may clash with your new electric range and your new electric range may look out of place with your vintage electric kettle. Keeping everything cohesive is always a good idea.
One other reason to choose vintages style appliances? The color options! If you want more options than just black, white, or stainless steel, then you’ll be pleased to find these options in a variety of colors. Whether you want to add a pop of color with mint green, prefer neutral colors like beige, or maybe even want a custom color, vintage pieces offer more color choices.
Tips for Incorporating Vintage Style Appliances Into Your Kitchen Design
Now that you have decided to add vintage style kitchen appliances to your cooking space (and may have already ordered a few), you may be wondering how to incorporate them into your current decor. Here are some tips to help you seamlessly blend your vintage appliances into your kitchen design:
1. Create a focal point of the kitchen: Make your vintage appliances the statement piece and center of attention in your kitchen by placing them in a prominent location. For example, vintage stoves look great placed behind the island.
2. Consider colors: Vintage style appliances are available in a rainbow of colors, so choose one that complements your existing kitchen decor. For a timeless look, opt for a neutral color like beige or sage green. But if you love pops of color, opt for a bold color like sunshine yellow or mint chocolate chip.
3. Accessorize: You accessorize your outfits, so why not your kitchen? Add vintage accessories like a retro clock or vintage-inspired kitchen linens to enhance the vintage feel of your cooking space. Vintage-style wall art and decorative pieces can also help tie your kitchen design together.
4. Keep it simple: When incorporating vintage appliances into your kitchen design, less is often more. Avoid cluttering your space with too many vintage pieces. Be mindful of what’s taking up your counter space too. Retro kettles and toaster ovens all sitting out on your counter can get a little overwhelming. Instead, choose a few key item(s), like a smeg toaster, and build your design around them.
Other Brands to Consider When Purchasing Vintage Style Kitchen Appliances
- Smeg: Smeg is an Italian brand that is renowned for its vintage-inspired appliances. Their products are a perfect blend of vintage style and modern functionality. From colorful retro fridges to sleek toasters and kettles, Smeg offers a wide range of kitchen appliances to suit your style!
- Big Chill: Shopping for major appliances as well as smaller ones? Big Chill is an American brand that specializes in retro-style kitchen appliances. Their products are known for their bold colors, sleek design, and superior performance. From refrigerators to stoves, microwaves to dishwashers, Big Chill appliances offer everything you need to create a vintage-inspired cooking space!
- AGA: AGA is a British manufacturing brand that is famous for its iconic Swedish range cookers. Though pricey (we’re talking about as much as a car), these vintage-style appliances are designed to last a lifetime and are the perfect centerpiece for any retro-style kitchen. AGA also offers a wide range of complementary products, including refrigerators, freezers, and wine coolers.
Whether you are a cooking enthusiast or just enjoy a good meal, vintage style kitchen appliances are a wonderful way to elevate your kitchen to the next level!
Looking for other ways to elevate your kitchen? Try decor! Up Next: The Best Beautiful and Practical Kitchen Open Shelving Decor Ideas