Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
As I was looking for some chic outfit ideas the other day for some photos, I took this black silk top and started messing around with it to see what I could get. I kept thinking of different ways to wear it and next thing I knew, it became its own blog post. Without changing any other clothing items, here’s how I got 10 different looks out of the same shirt!
10 Chic Different Ways to Wear the Same Shirt
1. First off we’ll start off by wearing this the most “normal” way, with just a couple buttons undone to look less stuffy and tied in the front for something cool.
2. Now we are going to flip that shirt around and pop up that collar!
3. With the shirt already flipped around, we’ll just fix the collar and wear it backward.
4. This time we’ll fold the collar in completely and do a half tuck on the front for that perfect Parisian undone look! Related: 8 Secrets of French Style
5. No half-tuck for this look, tuck the whole shirt in this time!
6. A little bit of finagling here, but the back collar becomes the front bust by wearing the shirt backward and tying the arm sleeves in a knot.
7. Same thing, except we just flipped the shirt around and the knot is in the front now!
8. The shirt is still worn backward and I used the bar necklace from the previous look to go under the top and wrap around the sleeves until it stayed. It creates a chic cap sleeve effect!
9. Instead of tying it in the front like the first look, just tie it in the back instead!
10. Shift the shirt to the side to make it a one shoulder top. The remaining sleeve gets tucked in evenly. Tuck the whole shirt in to hide any weird bulges!
Admittedly, some of the looks work better than others as far as wearability, but the goal of this post was to get you to see the potential of the items you already have and to give you new outfit ideas!
- 9 Fashion Mistakes a French Woman Would Never Make
- 7 French Outfit Formulas You Can Copy
- What to Do When You’re Bored With Your Closet