One and done outfits are so nice, right?! Well, this post isn't that. In this case, it's more like five and done, but the point I'm trying to get across is that this outfit is easy. Yet another outfit formula post if you will (I seem to have an endless supply), but these 5 pieces make up a super cute and no thinking fall outfit!
The 5 Piece Fall Outfit
To create this 5 piece fall outfit you'll need a...
1. green utility/ anorak jacket. Ever since fall began I feel like I've talked about these enough so I'll spare you, but you can check out this post and this post where I go into more detail about why I love this jacket!
2. basic tee. Get one in every color if you can! Even this girl who is usually mostly neutrals got some recently in olive green and maroon and I've surprised myself with how much I've liked them this season.
3. plaid flannel. I will admit that even though I preach about how this piece is a staple (because it is), I always thought it was a bit too "country" for me in the past, but I've surprised myself with how much I like it! I think pairing it with my signature leopard print booties has helped 😉
4. great pair of jeans. Skinny, flared, cropped, whatever your style may be, all that matters is that you feel good in them and they work with booties because the last item you need in this outfit formula is a pair of...
5. printed booties. I say printed because I think mixing prints with the plaid flannel is going to turn your cool 5 piece fall outfit look into an even cooler 5 piece fall outfit look, but any ol' pair will work too! Related: 1 Pair of Ankle Boots, 3 Ways
I love doing a slight tuck with my shirts for an effortless casual look. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I just "wore" a shirt. Seems I'm always knotting it or tucking it these days!
Maybe adding a hat makes it a 6 piece outfit, but I think pom pom beanies are adorable and such a cute and functional accessory! I wear them everywhere and even just in my house and everyone thinks I'm always freezing haha, but I just like the coziness I guess.
Leaving the layers open gives an easy going vibe which I like. You could also tie your flannel around your waist too for a different look.
Sometimes living in the midwest can be pretty crazy. We've actually had snow a couple of times. Not cool weather, not cool! More apple cider donuts and orchard days, please!
Related Fashion Posts: