Please note that this post may contain affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward us a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
When the word “tweed” comes to people’s mind, it’s usually followed by “old”, “ugly”, or “grandma-ish”. Or “tweedy” bird, because that’s what came to my mind haha! Anyway. Tweed is not for those 70+. In fact, you should take style lessons from those grandmas! If they’re grandmas after all. Tweed is chic and I think a tweed jacket should find a spot in everyone’s wardrobe. Here are 2 outfit ideas on how to wear a tweed jacket!
How to Wear a Tweed Jacket
1. pink tweed jacket + basic tee + cropped jeans + slingback pumps + beret
I love how feminine this pink jacket is, without being over the top frilly. It’s a nice contrast when paired with something as basic as a cotton tee! Little slingback pumps give it that classic touch, with a beret just being fun to wear!
2. tweed jacket + striped top + cropped jeans + slingback pumps
Same jeans and shoes in this outfit, but it looks different just by switching out the tops! I’m wearing the same jeans and shoes here because it’s a combo that you just can’t go wrong with.
Related: Parisian Chic Outfit
Quick styling tips:
- Try to find the balance of classic without too costumey. Don’t pile on the heels, the stripes, the pearls, and the brooches all at once. Pick just a few styles and accessories to highlight!
- A fancy tweed jacket is a great match for basic items like plain tees and denim so you don’t look like you’re headed off to tea every time you wear one!
- To make it more wearable for everyday life, wear a tweed jacket with more casual items like a graphic tee, jeans, and sneakers for a chic-meets-casual combo!
Short and sweet today, but I hope this has given you some inspiration on how to wear a tweed jacket and maybe the nudge to give other styles a try! You never know what you might end up liking!