You may know Grace Kelly as a famous actress in the 50's, but did you know she later became Princess of Monaco? Classic, timeless, and poised, I can't think of anyone better to gather outfit inspiration from. Keep scrolling for some major fashion inspiration from a woman that is the epitome of elegance (tied with Audrey Hepburn) as well as easy tips on how you can get the Grace Kelly style yourself for this modern age!
Grace Kelly Style
Want to know one secret of a stylish woman? Just one because that's a separate post that's coming! But they know what they like and what looks good on them and they stick to their uniform while adding in different pieces to make it look like a new outfit. In this post, you'll see a lot of the same things over and over again that make up Grace Kelly's style.
1. Starting with this first look, you'll see that she's wearing a button-up with sleeves (cuffed), tucked into an a-line midi skirt. You'll also see the start of a classy silk scarf.
To update this look: A-line skirts are still feminine and classic. I would just update the print as well as the heel. Forgo the hat and possibly the scarf so it doesn't look too costumey.
2. Though we can't see much of this look, we can see enough that still proves it's a classic today. Do you see one of her signatures? A silk scarf- but this time tied on her belt loop!
To update this look: Keeping on theme with tailored trousers, I added pointed heels and a structured bag to make this look a little more modern.
Related: Copy Audrey Hepburn Style
3. Grace Kelly looks pulled together with her coordinating tweed outfit. She shows off her figure well with her shirt tucked in, highlighted by a belt.
To update this look: I would just make the skirt hemline a little shorter and forgo a coordinating jacket. Go for a smaller pearl earring shape so they look less like costume jewelry.
Related: The Ultimate Guide to French Fashion
4. This is an example of a casual look that she would wear walking around in summer. If only our casual looks had this same amount of thought!
To update this look: By losing the collar and matching jacket, it already looks "in this century". Update the flats and you're good to go, though the original outfit is still super chic.
5. Pausing for her photo op in her elegant dress and tailored coat, Grace Kelly looks regal and definitely worthy of her princess title!
To update this look: The base of the outfit is already great, but by removing the tights, gloves, and rounded hat, it looks more modern, yet still classic.
6. A white shirt mixed with gold accessories and a red lip is an excellent pairing that would look equally fabulous today.
To update this look: Though I already love her tough half ensemble, I would just pair it with slim/straight jeans and choose a different earring shape.
7. Kelly is looking polished with all of her signatures: tailored pants, cuffed button down, belt, and scarf.
To update this look: I love the idea of each piece she's wearing; I would just update the style and silhouette into something more appropriate for this day and age.
Don't you love how classic style is timeless? What Grace Kelly wore 70+ years ago would still look fabulous today! If Grace Kelly style is what you love, then keep reading!
Up next: How to Always Look Timeless